I was deeply troubled by the massive unemployment experienced by so many Albertans including many of my friends. The sustained economic downturn is a result of the job killing NDP government policies (i.e. 50% increase of minimum wage; carbon tax – the biggest hidden tax in Alberta history; and out of control spending and borrowing). I felt strongly that our future prosperity would be at risk because of this incompetent, unrealistic, ideological-driven NDP government. We must do something to change it as soon as possible and I am doing my part by stepping up to the plate to run as a United Conservative Party candidate, under the strong leadership of Jason Kenney, to defeat the NDP government in 2019 and to put Alberta’s economy back on track!
What can I contribute?
- Well experienced public servant, 30 years of cumulative services on both sides: administrative professional services (Social Planner, Manager, Senior Counsellor, Child Protection Worker, Policy Analyst) and elected official (former Member of Legislature of Alberta).
- Have first hand experience living through different regimes and thoroughly understand the impact of public policy on the quality of life of citizens (i.e. I was born and raised in Communist China and flourished in the wonderful democratic Canada). Having experience in both worlds, I refuse to accept Alberta slipping away from its original roots towards the extreme left regime, the NDP approach, and I will fight every step along the way to preserve Alberta’s prosperity and our future!.
- Have a balanced approach in developing public policies, so that we can sustain Alberta’s prosperity without losing our humanity and compassion.
- A true believer in Mr. Jason Kenney’s notion that “A compassionate society needs to be a prosperous one first!” I feel strongly that prosperity and compassion can work hand in hand to support each other.
- A relationship builder and bridge builder who can help establish strong business and cultural ties between Alberta and China, as well as expanding such worldwide. I can use my relationships to assist business partners accessing the world’s #1 market (China) for our economic recovery. I can also help foreign investors do business in Alberta to create jobs locally and to share our natural resources globally.